Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dang roundabouts

The 202 freeway was opened yesterday, so after Angela and I went to the gym this evening, I decided to take the freeway home instead of our usual route.

The exit/entrance for the freeway at McKellips Rd. uses what ADOT calls a "Modern Roundabout". Being the exceptional driver that I am, and having experience on the four-lane roundabouts of Washington D.C., as we drove along I explained to Angela how they work.

My expertise was short-lived however, as Angela exclaimed "You're going the wrong way!!!" I ended up entering the exit ramp, and was headed onto the freeway in the wrong direction! Poor Angela thought she was going to have a heart attack!

I quickly spun the car around, did the silly merry-go-round thing and finally found the correct on-ramp without any further incident.

I think I'll never hear the end of this one!

1 comment:

M&M-Maloy said...

Good Job!!! That made me laugh!