Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I shot up this morning

I filled a prescription last night for a medicine called Byetta. The other Maloy has been using this for a month and the Dr. thought that I should give it shot too. Literally a shot - this stuff gets injected! It is typically prescribed for the treatment of diabetes but was prescribed off-label to help with weight loss - it is supposed to make a person feel full.

I thought the syringe pen was one of those things that gets cocked back, and under spring-load jabs the medicine into you, but it isn't. This morning I realized that you have to stick the needle into yourself and then press the plunger - very strange. But it didn't hurt. I drank one of those weight loss shakes for breakfast (the Kirkland brand, from Costco is pretty good) as I drove to work, and I have felt quite full ever since - I guess because of the Byetta shot. A good thing too, because I did not bring a lunch and do not want to go out and get something.

2 comments:

Jaclyn Maloy said...

I want it!
Besides the point- I made my own blog. It's prettier than yours!
Click Me!!

Angela said...

You druggie you.